While sitting in the salon chair and discussing my hair:
- Whoa, look at all my split ends. This is embarrassing. I really have to part ways with my beloved hair straightener.
- Should I get bangs? Dye my hair? Crop it short? Get a freaking buzz cut?? Let’s go crazy!
- On second thought, that’s definitely a bad idea. Ditch crazy, say hello to same old boring me.
While getting my hair shampooed:
- Don’t fall asleep, don’t fall asleep, don’t fall asleep –
While sitting back on the chair and staring at my wet-hair, cape-covered self:
- What’s that thing in the mirror? Oh. Wait. It’s me. Have I always looked this ugly?
- Why does the lady beside me look so pretty??
While my hair is getting blow-dried:
- Do I have to talk? I hate small-talk. Or can I bring magazines? Is that rude?? Is it too quiet in here or is it just me?
- Why is my hair so frizzy, it’s literally an Afro!
- My poor hair stylist, having to deal with the abomination on my head…
While my hair is getting chopped:
- It’s not short enough, still not short enough, for goodness’ sake I’m paying out of my weekly food allowance for this and – Great. Now it’s at chin-level. Oh well, hair grows back right?? *cries*
- *stomach growls* I should have eaten before this…
- *stylist puts 10 products in my hair* Man, I really need to put more effort into my look!
- There’s a hair on my nose and now it’s itchy and I neeeeeed to scratch it but I don’t want to bother her…Ugh, here comes a sneeze!
- *looks down at model in magazine then back to mirror* I’ve had better days…
While looking at the final reveal:
- *Holds a hand mirror to see the finished product* Ummmm ya that looks…great! Ha. Ha.
So I just got a haircut and this is basically my thought process each time. I’m exaggerating a little here, obviously. You know me. My haircut this time was actually nice and I’m happy with it, but there have been other times in the past where I definitely regretted the decision of staying well under budget. Little tip: don’t do it. It’s not even worth the little money you spent on it. Anyways, does this remind you of any haircut horror stories?