Back at it with the tags!
Thanks so much to Shatter the Fourth Wall for nominating me for the Mystery Blogger Award. I love this blog – it’s witty, thoughtful, and hilarious! I look forward to every post. If you haven’t already, definitely check it out!
Thanks to Okoto Enigma for creating this award.
- Put the award logo on your blog.
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award (Okoto Enigma) and provide a link as well.
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
- Nominate roughly 10 – 20 people for this award.
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blogs.
- Ask your nominees five questions
So, three things about myself, huh? Here we go:
- I’m a university student studying French and Linguistics, so I’m a bit of language lover. It would be awesome to one day have the very snobby title of polyglot, but I don’t think my brain can handle it! I’m not even that great with the languages that I’m studying. Still, my dream is to travel around someday and pick up at least the basics of a few more languages.
- I’m terrified of heights. Which is weird, because I have no idea where that fear came from. As a child, I loved climbing trees and peering over dangerous cliffs; now, my palms get sweaty just thinking about it. Seriously. Goodbye to any chance of doing something cool like skydiving or bungee jumping.
- Probably not much of a surprise, but my favourite food is Japanese food. So far, I’ve never eaten anything that I didn’t like, even the really weird stuff like natto (which is fermented soybeans, by the way. It’s as disgusting as it sounds, but for some reason I still like it eating it.) I think my absolute faves would be have to be ramen and curry. Great, now I have cravings.
Here are the questions Shatter the Fourth Wall asked me:
Q) What made you first start your blog?
I’ve always liked writing, whether that was creative writing or even just essays in school, so blogging to me sounded like a fun hobby. About four years ago, I actually made a blog when I went on an exchange, published a few posts, then deleted everything out of pure embarrassment. It was awful. But I decided to have another go at it recently just because, why not? I have nothing to lose. There are still some times where I hate what I’m writing and want to delete everything and erase my blog from existence, but I try to control that urge. For the most part, I’m really happy with what I’ve being doing for the past few months.
Q) Where do you draw your inspiration from?
I wish I could give a haughty scoff and pretentiously say that my inspiration is none other than Jane Austen and Ernest Hemingway, but that’s just not true. The author that really instigated my love of reading and writing is J. K. Rowling, who was able to transport me to another realm through Harry Potter. She opened the doors to other worlds like the Percy Jackson series by Rick Riordan and the Gone series by Michael Grant. All those storytellers are able to create such likeable, vivid, fleshed-out characters with a voice that I can only try to imitate.
In terms of art, I loved reading comics as a kid like Calvin and Hobbes, Garfield, and (I hate to admit this) Captain Underpants. There’s also this Japanese manga/comic strip called Atashinchi that is absolutely hilarious. I try to create a similar, simple and cute drawing style.
Q) Do you trust anyone with your life – who and why?
Yikes. This one is sadly tricky. My parents? My sister? A couple of my very close friends? I’m a very introverted, independent, even secretive person and I really hate relying on people – I’m more of a do-it-myself kind of gal, to a fault! Right now, no one even knows I have a blog. Hopefully someday I will be able to meet someone that I can completely trust and open myself up to.
Q) What/who is something you deem underrated – this can be an artist, object, experiences etc.
Dean!! I went to his concert a couple months ago and he was amazing. I guess I would describe his genre as Korean R&B but honestly he sings a lot in English. It sucks because I feel like he could be so popular here, especially considering how successful The Weeknd is. If anyone is curious, check out “half moon” and “21”.
Q) What is the best compliment you’ve ever received?
Definitely that time a guy whistled at me on the streets. I’m kidding. Why do they do that?? Just stop. It’s not complimentary whatsoever.
Okay, back to being serious. Hmm. Remember that “How to Write YA Novel” post I did a while ago? So back in high school, my local newspaper chose a few students from around the city to write for their youth column. Well, I applied and I actually got picked! Which I felt a little ambivalent about because I hate people reading my work and now it was going to be published for anyone to see?! (For this blog, at least it’s relatively anonymous.) They also took a photo of me and it looked awful. Not good for my very self-conscious high school self. Anyways, I didn’t know how to feel about it, and the first few articles I wrote were just so-so. But then I wrote the YA Novel piece and people seemed to like it! I got a lot of compliments from people I didn’t know, and my parents even begrudgingly admitted that it wasn’t bad. (They’re pretty tough critics.) So yeah. One of my prouder moments. I would much rather receive a compliment on my skills than my looks.
- My Mind Speaks Aloud
- Remnants of Wit
- The walk of thoughts
- Wretched and Divine
- Pretty Little Words
- Basic Teen Thoughts
- Wandering Outside the Box
- In a Messy World
- L.E. Hunt
My Questions For You:
- If you could magically acquire a new skill/talent, what would it be and why?
- Name something/someone that has greatly changed your life.
- Which fictional universe (TV, movie, book) would you wish to visit for a day?
- Who would you wish to be stuck in an elevator with? (It can be a celebrity or someone that you know.)
- You have the power to time travel and can only change one thing in history without creating a time paradox and destroying the universe. What would you change? (It can be from your personal past or something bigger.)
Wow, I think this is my longest post ever! Thanks for sticking with me to the end, even if you just scrolled down through most of it. Until next time!